Saturday, January 8, 2011

I'm Still Going!

There hasn't been a tremendous amount to report from the golf course lately, but I have been doing a lot of things to make myself better and to be more prepared for a great year of golf in 2011. My practice has been interrupted by very uncommonly cold weather and a couple of snow storms here in East TN, but I have taken advantage of some of the nice days we have had and have also been working in other ways to set myself up for a great year.

I've been able to continue a good workout routine through the holidays and into this new year, so I feel great and know that I am ready for any stresses that long road trips or situations on the golf course can throw at me.

In addition to staying physically fit, I've also been doing the last of my fanancial paperwork so that I will not have to be preoccupied with too many business dealings once my competitive schedule starts for the year.

My most exciting accomplishment of the past few weeks, however, was having an absolutely perfect holiday season with my whole family. Dr. Laura (my middle older sister) got to spend almost a week at home while Gina (my oldest sister) was home for two-and-a-half days with my nephew and two nieces. Miss Alicia also flew in the day after Christmas, so we had a happy houseful! We all maximized out time together well and did many of the things we enjoy like playing games (disc golf in the snow!) outside, creating healthy taste-sensations in the kitchen, and playing games/watching our favorite Disney-Pixar movies in the evenings. I was able to get in a few afternoons of practice while everyone was home, but the fun times I had with everyone was as valuable to me as any practice I've ever had. The holidays here at the Malnati resort in Dandridge, TN, have me feeling awesome!

I really do feel relaxed, energized, happy, and confident moving forward. I am definitely ready to put in some full days of preparation at the golf course, but I know that the weather will allow that soon. I feel like I have all my ducks in a row, as they say, and I know that my golf game will fall right into place soon as well. I'm going to say it again: when February rolls around, I'll be playing the best golf of my life.

I've got some exciting plans for this year, check back here soon to hear more about my 2011 plans and a tentative schedule. I WILL be keeping my blog updated more frequently moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...