Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Good Times and Good Practice

I'm enjoying my time in Columbia, Missouri. I've been able to catch up with a lot of my best friends and supporters while also getting in some quality practice.

I have to share a story from my practice today. I was going about my business on the driving range working on a few things that haven't felt just right lately, and after getting it tuned up quite nicely, I decided that I would go play nine holes. While walking to the first tee, I saw a foursome of former teammates walking off the ninth and noticed that one of them was saying goodbye to the others. The three remaining were Englishmen Will Harrold and Stuart Ballingall and Columbia, MO, native Nick Wilson. I partnered with Nick on the back nine as we took on the Brits in a Ryder Cup preview match. Despite Harrold's four-birdie effort, I made three birdies and an eagle to carry the Yanks to a thrilling one-up victory. It was a lot of fun, and my game looked and felt very good.

I did some short game work after playing today and really feel like I'm still firing on all cylinders. I need to keep fine tuning everything and make sure that the putting stays sharp, but I feel great.

I'll be heading home on Friday to start getting ready for the Monday Qualifier for the Nationwide Tour event in Knoxville. I'm going to get in this one! Keep it here for an update beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...