Thursday, August 5, 2010

Good but Frustrating in Round 2

My game is as good as I have ever seen it. I'm hitting the ball beautifully and my touch around the greens is pretty darn good. On the greens, however, I'm giving up shots left and right by not converting make-able birdie putts. My ball-striking today was better than yesterday, as I missed just two fairways and two greens, but I was not able to capitolize with as low of a score as my iron play warranted. With two three-putt bogeys and a plethora of missed birdie opportunities from inside fifteen feet, I still managed to shoot 68 and move up the leaderboard considerably.

In its softened state, the course is yielding some great scores. The leader is now fifteen under par for the event. While I am a full ten shots back, I'm in 14th place right now. I'm not going to think about "catching" the leader the next couple days, but I know that with an improving putter, I'll be able to get it deep into red numbers over the weekend, and I'm excited to see how far I can climb.

I'm just going to continue to play intelligently aggressive golf and trust that my skills on the greens (which are good) will convert my good ball-striking into the results for which I've been looking. I tee it up at 9:15 tomorrow morning, and my putter is going to be just like the weather: scorching hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...