Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Getting After My Process

I talk a lot about my work habits and the importance of my preparation here on my blog. Those habits are spelled out and embodied in my Process Goals, and I am very proud of the commitment and discipline I have shown towards them this year. I really feel like having consistent, focused, goal-oriented practice is my biggest key to success. For the first time all year, I missed by quite a bit on completing all of my Process Goals over my last five-week period. I feel like my physical effort was still there, which is good, but as the weeks get longer, hotter, and more demanding, focus and intentionality towards my goals become extremely important. Completing my Process Goals each week is as much about planning and discipline as it is about my execution. This week begins a new five-week segment for me. I will compete four of the five weeks in this period. Conditions promise to be challenging, but I have built the flexibility into my goals to allow breaks when necessary. I am going to get my Process Goals done, because they are the steps that will allow me to achieve the Outcome Goals I have set. I'm ready to get after it! 

I'm off to a good start this week in Nova Scotia, Canada. I've had two nice days of work up here and am excited to keep at it. It's going to be a great week for me. Thank you for keeping up with me, and come back for a pre-tournament report Wednesday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...