Monday, February 23, 2015

Great Week of Work; Monday Qualifier for Honda Classic

The last week has been an adventurous search for some warm conditions, but I am happy to say that I have had some great practice and played some very good golf as well. After showing some positive signs but missing in the Monday Qualifier last week in Los Angeles, I stayed in Southern California through midday on Saturday and had some great practice at a course called the TPC Valencia. In addition to solid practice, I also spent an afternoon at the Titleist equipment test site and got confirmation that both my equipment and golf swing are working well. It was strange being so for from home and not actually being in a golf tournament, but I am thrilled to have been so productive during a week when I could not have gotten much done at home. 

I was so productive, in fact, that I was able to complete my Full Fitness Routine and Full Practice Schedule last week. It was a challenging week of practice, but I am very proud of my stick-to-it-tiveness. I struggled with my putting drills but finished them by Sunday morning and it took an extra hour of bunker practice Sunday evening to hole my sand shot for the week, but I got it all done. My ball-striking is starting to click and my wedge practice has been very very good. I feel great about the work that I am doing, and it is definitely starting to show. 

I got some strong validation that my work is working today. On Saturday, I flew from Los Angeles to Palm Beach, Florida, to attempt another Monday Qualifier--this time for the PGA Tour's Honda Classic. I struggled off the tee a little bit and cost myself a couple shots with that, but otherwise, I played beautifully. I never missed a green from the fairway or on a par three and I posted a five-under-par round of 66. It wasn't quite good enough to qualify, but it sure was nice to play well and post a good score. 

Now, I am heading home to regroup and re-pack for the next stretch of Web.com Tour events. It's still awfully winter-like in Tennessee, so I don't think I'll stay there long. Alicia and I are flying out of Florida to head back to South America on Sunday, so we will probably head that way a day or two (or three) early. Whatever we decide to do, I am going to have productive work again this week, and I will be ready to get it going when I tee it up again on the Web.com Tour next Thursday. 

I feel like my game is starting to come together and, more importantly, I feel like my mind has been fairly sharp on the course the last two Mondays. I am excited and I believe as strongly as ever that great things are coming. Thank you for following and keep it here for another report this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...