Thursday, February 5, 2015

Colombia Championship Round 1

I was bad in the first round of the Colombia Championship. The course fits me well and my game has been feeling excellent all week, but I was not good at all when the bell rang on Thursday. I made a long putt to open the tournament with a birdie, but made four bogies and a double-bogey over the next 17 holes. It is definitely disappointing to play such a poor round. I have worked really hard on my game, and I feel like I should be consistent enough not to have such a down performance, but it was just one of those days. I couldn't get things clicking in any facet of my game. The end result was a five-over-par round of 76. 

I do feel disappointed; I don't feel discouraged. I still feel like my hard work is working and I'm going to stay after it. I will tee it up well outside the cut-line in Friday morning's round, but I believe that I can play a solid round and make it to the weekend. My main goal for round two is to trust my work and play intelligent golf one shot at a time. At the end of the day, I know I'll be pleased with the results if I do that. 

It's way more fun to write about the good stuff, but I know that a lot of that is coming! Check back for a great report from round two Friday evening. Thank you for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...