Sunday, February 16, 2014

Recharged


I am not very good at doing nothing. I arrived back in Knoxville on Tuesday evening this past week, and for two days, I did very little. Snowy weather limited my options for a couple days, but I usually can be pretty ambitious even when I am inside. This week, I took those two days to recharge. I soaked up some time with my sweet wife, and we enjoyed our East Tennessee snow day like we were kids (which in a lot of ways we are)! In total, I went three days without doing anything golf-related, and though I don't like for that to happen very much, I feel like it was absolutely perfect for me right now. I am recharged and as motivated as ever to get back to my kind of work. 

Starting this week, I am going to rededicate myself to my Map Goals for the year. That means that I am going to prioritize getting my drills and practice requirements done. In addition to that, I am going to create and commit to a more specific schedule for my workouts. I haven't neglected my fitness, but that has been getting bumped down my list, and I know that I don't feel as good as I can when that happens. I am off from competition this week, and I will get all of my Map Goals done. 

I am ready to do what I have done each of the past four years: follow a plan of focused hard work and steadily improve throughout the year. My start on the West Coast certainly wasn't good for me, but I'm not going to panic. I will stick to my process, and great things will happen!

Thank you for following me, and please keep it here for updates during this week of work and for a "what's next" report.   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...