Monday, October 14, 2013

No Good, But Positive After Monday

I hit the ball beautifully in the Monday Qualifier for this week's PGA Tour event. I controlled my driver perfectly and was hitting it very solidly. My iron play wasn't super precise, but I struck it pretty well and was more than adequate with my accuracy. I just couldn't seem to hit any shots very close to the hole and I never got things heated up with my putter. I made two birdies and a lone bogey to post a 71. 67 was in a playoff for the final two qualifying positions. 

I'm just in a little bit of a scoring rut right now. The good news is I'm feeling great about my game again. Whenever I get into a tournament, I'll be ready to go. 

I'm currently the ninth alternate for this week's event based on my status. It's very unlikely that nine people will withdraw from the tournament, but I'm going to stick around just in case. I'll get in some good practice and continue to improve. 

I really do feel like a PGA Tour player--one who can compete at the top. I'm hungry to get back into competition. Keep it here for a practice report from Las Vegas and continue to believe with me that great things are coming! Thank you for your support.

1 comment:

  1. At least we have great weather in Vegas this week. Have a good week.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...