Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Last Week before School

This has been a good week. I have gotten in a lot of great work on my golf game, but have also enjoyed a little time away from the course, too. Next week (Wednesday-Saturday) I will play the First Stage of PGA Tour Qualifying (Q-school) at a place called Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia. For a mini-tour professional golfer, Q-school is the ticket to golf's highest levels, and I have been preparing for it all year. I am pleased with the year of tournament golf that I have had, and I'm pumped about this week of preparation as I head into Q-school.

I have been so productive with my time this week. I have put a lot of work into my process goals, and with just an easy day of work on Sunday, I will be able to complete them all. My wedge play, short game, and putting are all feeling great. My ball-striking is still not as comfortable as it has been at times, but I'm starting to hit the ball better, and in a couple of friendly matches this week, I have hit the ball adequately. (I know that "adequately" does not seem like high praise, but I have fairly high standards, and if my ball-striking is adequate, I'm going to be in great shape.) All-in-all, my game is feeling very good, and I'm excited to enter "School" this fall.

I've had some relaxing times off of the golf course this week, too. I have spent some fun time with my sweetheart (of four years last Friday!) this week, and we spent this Friday afternoon on a hike in the Great Smokey Mountains. Though I insisted in my last post that I don't need a break from golf, I have enjoyed the opportunity to spend a little time doing other things with my favorite people this week. I am feeling recharged and ready to go!

Enjoy a couple of pictures from my week. This is the fifth green at Holston Hills Country Club and the view from atop Mt. Camerer in the Great Smokey Mountains.

I'll be doing a good job keeping you updated from Georgia, so come back to follow all the action. Thank you for your support and encouragement!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...