Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Relaxed and Ready

I purposely gave myself a day off from golf on Sunday to relax after surviving a demanding week at First Stage. Unfortunately, the weather forced me to take most of the day off on Monday, and then travel concerns ruled the day on Tuesday as I tried to negotiate the snow covered Smokey Mountains on my way to this week's eGolf event in Greensboro, NC. All travel went smoothly, and though I didn't have the practice I would have liked on Monday and Tuesday, I arrived in Greensboro Tuesday evening excited for the Wednesday morning start of this week's event.

Facing bitterly cold conditions and a great golf course (Forrest Oaks Country Club), I teed it up in the tournament's first group with a very conservative game plan and designs of a solid effort in my head. My main goal for the next two weeks on the eGolf Tour is to be relaxed and execute my plan on every shot with no doubts and no fidgeting over the ball. I met that goal in Wednesday's opening round at Forrest Oaks, and I executed my conservative game plan beautifully. I hit 17 greens in regulation on my way to an opening round of 65 (-7). I made eight birdies, and my lone blunder of the day came on an inexcusable three-putt from just ten feet on my 16th hole. I played great other than that mistake. I was relaxed, and I truly did execute every shot fearlessly in round one. It was great and definitely something positive on which I can build heading into Second Stage in a couple weeks.

Before I get ahead of myself, though, I have a great chance to accomplish something good here this week. My opening round has me in the lead, and I know that if I stay relaxed, I can keep it going! I had some solid practice after my opening round, and I'm feeling great about everything. Keep it here for the rest of the action this week. Thank you very much for keeping up with me!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...