Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sunset on Day 1

The title of this post sounds dramatic, but I'm really just referring to the picture. I am very pleased with how I played and how I felt on day one. I had a frustratingly poor day of ball-striking during my last day of preparation on Tuesday, so I entered Wednesday's opening round knowing that I would have to rely on my greatest strengths--my attitude and putting. I had a good game plan and a great mindset, and I actually hit the ball pretty well. I made just one bogey on the day and never had to scramble very much. My putting felt very solid, but I had a bunch of ten to twenty foot birdie putts that were just a fraction off. At the end of the day I posted a three-under-par opening round of 69. I am feeling good and am ready to play well! Come back for a round-2 report Thursday evening. Thank you for keeping up with me!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Close Calls and More Progress

I'm playing good golf, and it's really fun! I haven't been able to put enough consistently good play together yet to have a good...