Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Plan in Mexico

I'm in Mexico for the final event of the PGA Tour's Fall Series--the OHL Mayakoba Classic--and to be perfectly honest, I just don't have my best stuff. My ball-striking is a bit off, and I feel like even my good shots are leaving the club weakly and floating through the air rather than coming off the club crisply and penetrating the air as they fly toward the target. So what am I going to do? I'm going to do what I always do: stay positive, commit to an efficient and effective practice routine, play to my strengths on the course, and have a great tournament. I am good enough and smart enough to contend without my best stuff, and I'm going to prove it this week. I might even find that lovin' feeling sometime during the tournament and do something special. 

I had a great day of practice on Wednesday. I found a lot of positives during a decent range session and then had a nice hour working on my wedge play and short game. I have had productive time on the practice green each day that I've been here, and on Wednesday, I really wanted to complete my six-footer drill before leaving the course. That drill requires that I make 18 of 24 putts and is usual very challenging for me. I made my first 19 in a row on Wednesday. I definitely have a lot of reasons to be confident despite not feeling like I have my best stuff. 

I'm going to figure out a way to have a great tournament this week. Keep it here for news as the competition gets under way on Thursday. Thank you very much for following me!





No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...