Monday, November 11, 2013

Heading to Mexico

2013 has been one exciting year for Peter Malnati. Here is the bullet-point version of the highlight reel: 

-I rattled off a bunch of top-ten finishes (including two 2nd place finishes) during a busy stretch of mini-tour golf this spring and early summer. 

-I cheered incredibly hard for my then fiancé as she applied for and got a great job at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. 

-After Monday Qualifying for the Web.com Tour event in Wichita, Kansas, I finished in the top 25 in five of my first six events on that circuit.  

-Alicia and I found and bought a house in Knoxville. 

-I won the Web.com Tour event in Knoxville with a dramatic finish in front of my family and tons of hometown fans.

-I officially earned my PGA Tour Card for the 2013-2014 Season. 

-On November 1, I married the absolute love of my life. 

So I would say that it has been a pretty solid year for me. Remember that breakthrough that I had been promising for the last couple years? I certainly had that in a big way, but I'm not quite ready to call it a year yet. I am in the field for the final PGA Tour event of the Fall Series--the Mayakoba Golf Classic in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. I am on my way to Mexico now, and I have the opportunity to put a big exclamation mark on the end of my 2013 season. 

It would be a lie to say that I have stayed perfectly in my practice routine over the last couple weeks, but I do feel like I am in a great place mentally to go play some good golf. I am going to form a plan for my week in Mexico during the travel today, and I will have a solid week of work to finish my year. Keep it here for an update on that plan and for news from Mexico. 

Thank you so much for enjoying this great journey with me and for your support and encouragement along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...