Saturday, April 18, 2015

Tough Day on Saturday But I'm Still in It

I was tied for the lead and in the final pairing as Saturday began. I bogied five of the first six holes to quickly change the "tied for the lead" part. I was in a bit of shock, to be honest. I practiced beautifully before lunch and then had a great warm-up session prior to my 1:00 tee time, but things were just a little bit off from the start. I thought I hit a great wedge into the par-five opening hole, but I over-played the wind, and my ball sailed just over the green. A mediocre chip and a poor putt led to a bogey. Over the next five holes, I hit a few more poor putts, got a few strange bounces, and took a long ride on the struggle bus. I was definitely rattled, but after a solid par on the long par-three seventh hole, I rallied my powers of positive thinking. I knew I was playing well, and I needed to get my mojo going in the right direction. I hit two great shots to reach the island green of the par-five eighth hole and two-putted for a much-needed birdie. I went on to play the final 12 holes of my round in two under par to post a third-round 75 (+3). That is not a very good score, but I am pleased with the way I gutted out my round. 

I will now begin Sunday's round in a tie for sixth place--but just five shots behind the leader. I definitely want to win this event, but I need to approach tomorrow with the mindset that I want to play as well as possible and then let the results fall where they may. If I try to press and make it happen, bad things can happen on this golf course. I will be patient and follow my plan tomorrow, and I am confident that I will have a great day. 

Come back for a good report in the evening! Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...