Thursday, April 16, 2015

Great Start in Mexico

My new commitment paid dividends on Thursday in the opening round of the Mexico Championship. I was playing beautifully and had made three birdies and one bogey when I stepped up to play the reachable par-five 18th for my ninth hole of the day. I drove the ball in the water, and then, despite being committed to a fairly smart plan, I hit my next shot in the water, too. After another penalty drop, I misjudged my fifth shot and went well long of the green past a hole that was cut just three steps from the back edge. Rather than panicking or thinking about the cut, I stayed in the present, believed in my game, and flopped my sixth shot into the hole for an improbable bogey. From there, I went on to play some great golf on the front nine. I birdied six holes on my back nine and posted an opening-round 65 (-7). It was a great round and a powerful example to me of what intentional positive thinking can do. 

In addition to the solid round, I had a great afternoon of practice and am feeling very good about things. Thank you for following, and come back for a round-two report Friday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...