Sunday, January 6, 2013

Go Time 2013!

I hope that you were all able to see the exciting news from my previous post. I am an engaged man, and I have one heck of a fiancé! I don't want to belittle the importance of that in the least because I am still incredibly excited about it, but it is time to get back into the habit of being a full-time professional golfer. Fortunately, I absolutely love what I do and have a fiancé who works just as hard as me and supports me completely, so the fact that I am getting back to work is nothing but good news!

My year of work officially begins on Monday, January 7. After a lot of thought over the past couple of days, I have completed my 2013 Goals and have published them in the tab above titled "Goals for 2013". At first glance, my goals for this year look quite similar to the ones I had in 2012. I have definitely modeled this year's goals after last year's. Some notable changes exist, however. First of all, I have re-ordered my Outcome goals to more accurately reflect my priorities. My first and most important outcome goal of 2013 is to earn full status for the Web.com Tour in 2014. Secondly, I want to find the winner's circle and become comfortable there. I expect to win at least three events on the major mini-tours this year. Lastly, if I spend the entire year playing mini-tour golf here in the states, I want to be the leading money winner on both the eGolf Professional Tour and the NGA Tour. These are lofty goals, but with the progression that I have shown over the past three years and the work that I am doing to improve, I believe that all are achievable.

I have also made some subtle but meaningful changes to my Weekly Work Goals (process goals) for 2013. My putting goals and basic short game requirements will be the same as last year, but I have added a feature to my short game work about which I am very excited. There is now a section under my short game regimen called "Tri-weekly Requirements". This section exists to heighten my focus during my short game work. It requires that every three weeks I must have at least ten chip-ins and hole at least three bunker shots. This addition should be quite do-able, but I think it will add an element of precision and intentionality to my short game work. The reason that I have this broken up into three week blocks rather than making it fit into the one-week system on which all of my practice goals are based is to accommodate for the weeks when short game facilities are lacking at tournament sites. I am excited about this addition to my weekly work goals. I have also added a ball-striking component to my weekly goals for the first time ever. This is not a huge addition, but it ensures that I practice hitting a variety of shots on the range at least a couple times per week. The rest of my process goals do look similar to last year's model with slight modifications. I think my work goals were very good last year, but the 2013 version is even better. I look forward to staying on task and doing the week-to-week work that will get me to my outcome goals.

I am going to create a couple of additional tabs here on my blog where I will track my work towards a couple of these process goals. These tabs can be found on the menu line just below the big picture at the top of my blog's home screen. Check them out from time to time and help hold me accountable for finishing my work!

I still have a lot more to say about my competitive plans for 2013, but I will end this novel for today. Come back soon for news about my 2013 schedule and practice reports as I get into full-time work mode! Thank you very much for following me and for your support. This is going to be a very good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...