Sunday, September 2, 2012

My foot is still healing, and I have definitely been moving a bit slowly since returning home from last week's Carolinas Pro Tour event, but it was another productive week for me. I had to replace all of my runs for the week with bike rides, but I have enjoyed the change of pace and feel like my bike rides (from 16 to 23 miles) have been a more than sufficient cardiovascular workout to help me keep my fitness level high. Though I did not do a great deal of extra practice this week, I easily completed all of my process goals for week and feel like I continued to make great progress with my putting and short game. In addition to that, I have had good workouts and feel like I am staying strong and helping my foot to recover. With the very encouraging effort I put forth in the tournament last week combined with another solid week of work, I am feeling very good moving forward.

I will play another event on the Carolinas Pro Tour this week at a course called Olde Sycamore on the east side of Charlotte, NC. The 36-hole tournament will be Tuesday and Wednesday, and, after a sixth place finish two weeks ago and a fourth last week, I am trending in the right direction in these events! After this week, the Egolf Tour fall series kicks off with an event in Clinton, South Carolina, the following week, so I will try to carry some great momentum into that as I make a push to climb up the Egolf Tour money list this fall. I'm feeling great, and I'm excited to keep competing.

Since this week will mark the third consecutive week that I have played a two-day event on the Carolinas Pro Tour, I am going to make sure that I don't have another "easy" week with my practice goals. I am going to hold myself accountable for all of my non-tournament week process goals this week, which means that I will have to manage my time well and have very focused and efficient work sessions. My number one focus will be ensuring that I am prepared to play well in the Carolinas Tour event on Tuesday-Wednesday, but in addition to that, I am determined to have a thorough week of work as I prepare to make a strong run this fall.

This is going to be a big week. Keep it here for tournament results and all the rest of the news as well. Thank you for following me and for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...