Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Heading Back East

A great and productive week in midwest has come to an end, and I am flying back to Baltimore today to see my sister and make the short drive down to Southern Maryland for Thanksgiving with my Dad's parents. I am joining many others in the country who are traveling today, but the time that I was able to spend with friends in Kansas City and the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving with my family are more than worth any hassles associated with Holiday travel. My time in Kansas City was great, and I am excited about a lot of things moving forward.

I was able to get quite a bit of good work done on my golf game during my time in KC. While I have only been able to have a full practice session one day since my great round on Saturday morning, I continued to see more good stuff from my game during a good afternoon of work on Monday. The work that Bobbo and I have done on my swing is really taking hold, and my ball-striking is feeling great. I am also pumped about the positive things I am seeing from my short game and putting. All areas of my game are improving, and that is very exciting--especially this time of year!

I am extremely excited about the work I have done on my fitness as well. I am continuing to push myself pretty hard with workouts and runs and have also done a good job of keeping up with a good stretching (yoga--sort of) routine. It all has me feeling as fit as ever, and I know that this kind of work can only help my performance. This Sunday, my sister Laura and I will travel to North Carolina to see a physical therapist friend of hers who also specializes in helping golfers increase their performance through physical training. I'm hoping that he can help me improve my fitness routine and ensure that I am doing the most good for my golf game with my workouts. I don't really know what to expect from this visit, but I am certain that it will either help a little bit or help a lot, and I like both of those options.

I am hopeful that I will be able to sneak in a little practice over the holiday weekend, but my main priority will be soaking up time with my family. I will definitely be able to practice a little bit and will continue to do good work towards my fitness, but I will also eat a lot and enjoy some relaxation with my family. I must say, though, that Malnati-style relaxation is seldom very relaxing, but it is always fun!

I have spent the last week with some friends and my sweetheart, and for them, I am incredibly Thankful. I am heading to D.C./Maryland to spend the Holiday with the family for which I am incredibly Thankful. And to each of you who continue to show me unyielding support, I am incredibly Thankful. It's going to be a great Thanksgiving for me, and I wish the same for all of you! Thank you for everything you have done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...