Thursday, September 22, 2011

Slow Start But in Good Shape in MO Open

I had a great morning heading into my 8:50 a.m. first round tee time today at the Missouri Open, but that did not translate into a good start. Two lousy shots at the opening hole led to a bogey on the benign par-4, and more poor shots and a couple of missed putts would lead to two more bogeys and a two-over-par-through-six-holes start. Some good self talk and a good attitude kept me going, however, and despite a couple of missed opportunities on holes 8 and 9, I made the turn and delivered a good back-nine performance that saw me make five birdies and no bogeys. In the end I had an opening round of three-under-par 69 and now find myself two shots behind the leader heading into the second and final round. I'll be playing a group in front of the leader tomorrow, but I know that if I do my job and stay focused on each and every shot, I will have a great day. I tee off at 10:20 and am looking forward to another exciting day and a chance to deliver a great performance. Come back to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...