Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Feeling Great in Hartford, Connecticut

Well, I'm not doing a great job of keeping my blog updated, but things are really starting to come together for me with my golf game. Both mentally and physically, I feel like I am back in business. I've got my accuracy back, and I feel really good about the way I'm hitting it. My putter hasn't exactly heated up yet, but my practice is feeling good on the greens this week, and I know that I'm ready to putt extremely well. I just have a very positive outlook on my golf game and my life in general right now, and for the first time in a while, I can say that I am genuinely confident.

I'm at the Traveler's Championship in Cromwell, Connecticut, and the TPC River Highlands is a fantastic golf course. I'm excited for this week's tournament, but I'm also remembering to approach each shot one at a time and not get ahead of myself. I'm going to trust my routine, trust myself, and give my best effort to each and every shot. That is a winning formula!

A couple of tidbits from the last several days: First of all, I've been without my cell-phone since early Sunday morning. I pride myself on organization and being prepared, but I left my phone sitting on a table in the United Club in Dulles Airport. It just arrived in Connecticut via Fed-Ex Wednesday evening. It stinks being disconnected when people want to get ahold of you, but if only everyone knew I was going to be phone-less, I would rather enjoy not having that sucker around all the time. I did miss it though. In other news, have you seen my Royals lately!? It's only June, and in baseball as in golf, it is very important to focus on the process rather than the results, but man has it been fun to watch them rattle off ten wins in a row and climb atop the American League Central standings!

So, great news all around from here. It's going to be a great week in Connecticut. I will keep you updated nightly after the rounds. Thank you for following and caring about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...