Thursday, May 28, 2015

Raleigh Round 1

I had it going for a stretch in the first round of the Web.com Tour's event in Raleigh. After solid pars on my first three holes, I saved a nice par after an errant tee shot on my fourth hole and then holed a difficult pitch shot for birdie on my next hole. That got me started. After the pitch in, I birdied three of the ensuing four holes without having to make a putt outside of three feet. It was fun! I hit only one poor shot on my second nine, but I couldn't seem to get the ball close to the hole. Still, I got it to five under par heading to my last hole, the par-five ninth. I hit two quality shots to leave myself a perfect wedge into the green, but I misjudged the distance and hit a very disappointing shot that ended up a long way from the hole. I wasn't particularly disappointed with either of the putts I hit on that closing hole, but neither went in, and I left with a bogey to post 67 (-4) on day one. It was a lousy way to end a great round, but I am very excited to get back after it Friday morning in round two. My game is feeling great. Thank you for following, and keep it here for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...