Thursday, May 28, 2015

Raleigh Round 1

I had it going for a stretch in the first round of the Web.com Tour's event in Raleigh. After solid pars on my first three holes, I saved a nice par after an errant tee shot on my fourth hole and then holed a difficult pitch shot for birdie on my next hole. That got me started. After the pitch in, I birdied three of the ensuing four holes without having to make a putt outside of three feet. It was fun! I hit only one poor shot on my second nine, but I couldn't seem to get the ball close to the hole. Still, I got it to five under par heading to my last hole, the par-five ninth. I hit two quality shots to leave myself a perfect wedge into the green, but I misjudged the distance and hit a very disappointing shot that ended up a long way from the hole. I wasn't particularly disappointed with either of the putts I hit on that closing hole, but neither went in, and I left with a bogey to post 67 (-4) on day one. It was a lousy way to end a great round, but I am very excited to get back after it Friday morning in round two. My game is feeling great. Thank you for following, and keep it here for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on a Positive Last Month

I've been too busy playing golf tournaments and working on my game to update my blog! That's really not true, but I have been keepin...