Sunday, October 11, 2015

Great "Off-Season"

Just for the record, I actually wrote a really good post on my first flight today, but I lost it in the transitioning of my phone back into cellular mode, so now I'm just going with the bullet points format! 

Alicia and I really did a nice job of making the last seven days feel like a real off-season. 

I looked back on the year and thought about what worked and what didn't. Here's what I came up with:

A lot of what I did worked! I'm proud of the plan that I had and my commitment to it. I improved in almost every area of my game. 

The two areas that stand out to me as needing improvement are resting and putting. I'm constantly going 100 miles per hour and by the end of the season, I was worn out. I love what I do and love to work hard at it, but overtraining can eventually become counterproductive. To address this, I'm going to build a few more light weeks and off weeks into my practice schedule and be intentional about resting on Wednesday mornings during tournament weeks. With regards to my putting, I believe that my practice routine became a little stale this year. My putting felt great in practice all year, but my performance on the course wasn't good over the second half of the year. I'm not going to make any drastic changes, but I am going to mix a couple of new drills into my putting practice repertoire. 

For the most part, I really liked what I did during the 2015 Web.com Tour season, and I want to keep doing it moving forward. With a few modifications in key areas, I'm confident that I will thrive. 

Alicia and I are traveling today to kick off the 2015-2016 PGA Tour season in Napa, California. I'm currently finalizing my Process Goals for this new season, but my Outcome Goals are ready, and I am ready to get after them! 
It's go time! Thank you for following me and believing in me. Keep it here for reports from Napa--including my all-important Process Goals!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Peter. I admire your perseverance the past several years and I couldn't be happier for you. Great performance under pressure coming down the back nine today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, many years ago, my son, Cole, and I had the great pleasure of playing a round of golf with you at Dandridge Country Club, along with my father-in-law, John Macknowsky. We took pictures with you and we still get a charge at looking back at that day. Ever since, we have watched your progress, followed you on TV whenever we could, and kept waiting for the news of your first PGA Tour title. Congratulations, and here's to many, many more in your career!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed meeting you and getting the opportunity to play 18 with you on Monday. My team didn't show that day but you made the day extra special for me and my caddie/friend Drew. Still wishing you the best! Mark Ellington

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...