Monday, December 6, 2010

Winter?

I'm ready to start working on my golf game again. I've had a couple of really good practice sessions in the past few days, but a couple of consecutive windy days with high temperatures right around 30 degrees have reminded me that there is a winter. It's hard to have overly productive practice when the wind blows on really cold days, so I'm preparing for 2011 in other ways right now. I'm continuing to stay sharp physically with a workout and running routine that has been ratcheted up a little bit for the offseason, and I'm beginning to work on some administrative necessities for next year. I really feel good, and I'm excited for the opportunity to improve and prepare in a lot of different ways. It may be winter, but I stand by my statement from my last post: when February 2011 rolls around, I will be playing the best golf of my life.

While I am back to "work" in terms of trying to practice and prepare myself for a great year in 2011, I have still been able to enjoy some very good time with the people I love. After living in my car for most of the year, I've spent some time in the places I call home the past few weeks. After a great Thanksgiving with my family in Maryland and a little time at home before that, I'm now in Columbia, Missouri, with Miss Alicia. We celebrated her birthday over the weekend and had a great time! I love my job all the time, but it is even more enjoyable when I get to come home from a day of work to my family and/or my sweetheart. I'm a lucky guy!

I'm getting better right now. Winter may have me trapped indoors for a day or two, but I'm doing something to get better at my profession everyday. I'm excited about what the future holds. I'll keep my blog updated about twice a week during this break from competition, so come check it out to see what's going and how I'm improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...