Monday, August 13, 2012

One More Week of Practice...

I did not qualify for this week's Web.com Tour event in Kansas City. The qualifying course, Alvamar Country Club in Lawrence, KS, suited me perfectly and some difficult windy conditions should have only added to my advantage, but I struggled to feel comfortable and had to battle all day. I was never over par for my round but never had it any lower than one under par, which is where I finished the day. My score of 71 was close enough to keep my attention for most of the day, but in the end, the 70's were playing off for the last qualifying positions. My game is in good shape, but I never let myself relax enough to execute freely on Monday. I wanted to qualify badly, but I know the key to playing my best is finding that balance of focus and relaxation. I was trying a little bit too hard this Monday, but I'm still excited about the status of my game.

This will be a good week for me. I will spend a lot of time practicing, and will also evaluate my options and come up with a schedule for the next two months leading into Q-school. I know that I will be playing next Monday in the qualifier for the Web.com Tour event in Knoxville, but beyond that, I'm not sure where I will be playing. I am planning on qualifying next week and getting myself on a little Web.com Tour run! Regardless of what happens next week, I will definitely have a lot of tournaments on my schedule in the coming weeks. My game is in really good form right now, so I am excited to compete.

Despite the disappointing news from Kansas City, this is going to be a very productive week for me! Keep it here for some good updates along the way. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...