Wednesday, July 11, 2012

(A little bit too) Slow and Steady in Round 1

There is not really a whole lot to report from my opening round of this week's Egolf event. Playing at Irish Creek, I hit the ball beautifully all day and gave myself a lot of opportunities to get something going, but I just never did. I parred my first 11 holes of the day despite having reasonable birdie putts on 10 of those 11 holes. I then swapped a birdie at the par-3 third (my 12th) with a bogey on the par-4 fourth. Standing at even par with five holes to play, I lost my relaxed attitude just a little bit and began pressing a bit to make something happen. Even so, I got myself into a good mindset for each shot, and with the exception of a poor chip shot near the green of the par-5 sixth hole, I executed fairly well over the closing holes of my first round. A birdie at the par-4 seventh moved me to one under par for the day, and that is where I finished with a score of 70. I am definitely not thrilled with that score, but my game felt very good all day. I am going to the Country Club of Salisbury for the second round on Thursday, and I am confident that I will give a good performance. Come back to hear about it in the evening. Thank you for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...