Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ready to Monday Qualify in Knoxville

I'm feeling good! I play at Toqua Golf Club tomorrow in the Monday Qualifier for the Nationwide Tour's Knoxville Open. I'm staying in my own bed tonight and will drive to the course on the southwest side of Knoxville tomorrow morning in plenty of time for my 10:00 a.m. tee time.

I played at Toqua today, and while it's not my favorite course, it is absolutely one that suits my game just fine, and I am really excited to shoot a good score tomorrow. The course is fairly short and winds through a residential area on Lake Loudon. Accuracy and intelligence are required off of the tee, and accurate wedge play will be the key for birdies. The greens are not in very good shape right now, so putting will be a little bit dicey, but I'm certain that if I stay committed to my routine and hit good putts, I will get plenty of them to fall.

As with most Nationwide Qualifiers, a field of about 140 guys will be playing for seven spots in the event. While those numbers seem daunting, I am absolutely certain that I am one of the seven best players competing, so I am going to play intelligent golf and execute well, and I'm confident that I will be a happy guy at the end of the day tomorrow.

Keep it here and I'll let you know about it tomorrow. And then I'll give you a pre-tournament report for the actual Knoxville Open!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...