Thursday, July 22, 2010

Solid in Round 2

I played well in the second round today at Forrest Oaks Country Club. After a surprising first-hole bogey to start the day, I rattled off four birdies in my next six holes and made the turn at three under par. A mid-round stretch on holes 9-14 saw me miss a lot of really easy birdie putts and also butcher an easy par-five for a bogey before I righted the ship with closing birdies at 15 and 18 to finish with a four-under-par total of 68.

I'm bummed that I threw some shots away in the middle of the round, but I'm excited to be in good position moving forward this week. My total of seven-under-par 137 has me five shots behind the leaders in a tie for 19th place. The leaderboard is very bunched, so a good performance on the weekend could take me all the way to the top!

I tee it up at 8:20 on the first hole for tomorrow's third round. I'm really looking forward to playing another solid round of golf. I'm going to be intelligently aggressive and be fearless over every shot. The putter is going to get hot. It's going to be a great day! Check back here for the round three report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...