Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Practicing and Feeling Ready

I have been having a great week in Columbia, MO. I have gotten good workouts in on Monday and Wednesday mornings and have been practicing really well. 

Still nailing down some specific yardages with the wedges, and continuing to grow in confidence with the putter. I feel like this Friday and Saturday at the Missouri Open might be the setting in which the putter gets hot!

I've also made a slight adjustment to my backswing. I was hitting great shots, but consistently starting the ball just left of target and seeing it fall back to the right. I was obviously getting on top of the plane, but couldn't figure out why. While hitting wedges, I was really trying to flatten my backswing and keep my hands a little lower at the top and I noticed the ball was starting more on line, so I tried to incorporate that "flatter" feeling at the top of my full swing as well. The results were instantly positive. I feel like I can easily work the ball both ways from my current position (and hit it straight, which is really the most important thing to me!)

So I feel great about my game. I'm playing in the charity pro-am tomorrow and will tee it up at 8:00 a.m. Friday morning for the first round of the Missouri Open. ...Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...